Queen Elizabeth 2-The Legend
Dear Guest

A very big welcome to the Forum glad that you found us.As the name say this Forum is dedicated to the QE2 in here you will find lots of information and filled with photos that cover all her years at sea.

We ask you please take your time and have a good look around for sure there is a question somewhere that you might have answer.This topic is open to guests too if you think you have some information to add please do so.

But please remember the main subject here is QE2 related.

We think that once you have looked around you are going to want to be part of this big family.

Their is of course some threads that are open only to members.

Please register yourself its easy and free.

The QE2 The Legend Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dear Guest

A very big welcome to the Forum glad that you found us.As the name say this Forum is dedicated to the QE2 in here you will find lots of information and filled with photos that cover all her years at sea.

We ask you please take your time and have a good look around for sure there is a question somewhere that you might have answer.This topic is open to guests too if you think you have some information to add please do so.

But please remember the main subject here is QE2 related.

We think that once you have looked around you are going to want to be part of this big family.

Their is of course some threads that are open only to members.

Please register yourself its easy and free.

The QE2 The Legend Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 187 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:25 am
Latest topics
» Some of my videos of and on board QE2
Did you have a favourite cabin?  EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 am by Louis De Sousa

» QE2 items now on the new Queen Elizabeth
Did you have a favourite cabin?  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:20 am by lanky lad

» QE2 and the Falklands War
Did you have a favourite cabin?  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:54 pm by Louis De Sousa

» QE2 on You Tube
Did you have a favourite cabin?  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 pm by Louis De Sousa

» Hurricane Luis 1995
Did you have a favourite cabin?  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:28 pm by lanky lad

Top posting users this week
No user

Poll

Which funnel fitted better?

Did you have a favourite cabin?  Vote_lcap241%Did you have a favourite cabin?  Vote_rcap2 41% [ 14 ]
Did you have a favourite cabin?  Vote_lcap226%Did you have a favourite cabin?  Vote_rcap2 26% [ 9 ]
Did you have a favourite cabin?  Vote_lcap232%Did you have a favourite cabin?  Vote_rcap2 32% [ 11 ]

Total Votes : 34

Gallery

Did you have a favourite cabin?  Empty

Did you have a favourite cabin?

4 posters

Go down

Did you have a favourite cabin?  Empty Did you have a favourite cabin?

Post  lanky lad Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:58 pm

My favourite cabin was 2130, an inside single, but what made it very special was it had a bath. As far as I know it was the only inside cabin with a bath.

Did anyone else have a favourite cabin that you tried to book each time?
lanky lad
lanky lad

Back to top Go down

Did you have a favourite cabin?  Empty Re: Did you have a favourite cabin?

Post  Louis De Sousa Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:02 am

Been crew i too had a favourite cabin that i asked for, the cabin was number 404 and its all the way forward on portside directly under the Pig & Whistle.As you leave the cabin you have right in front of you the Crew Staircase 1 which leads up to the back entrance of the Bar, that was always a good escape route lol.
Louis De Sousa
Louis De Sousa
Administrator The Captain

https://qe2-the-legend.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lanky lad Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:11 pm

Louis De Sousa wrote:
Been crew i too had a favourite cabin that i asked for, the cabin was number 404 and its all the way forward on portside directly under the Pig & Whistle.As you leave the cabin you have right in front of you the Crew Staircase 1 which leads up to the back entrance of the Bar, that was always a good escape route lol.

That sounds very handy. Although I am not sure I would have wanted to be so far foward on rough crossing. I was in 3006 for my only crossing, not good as there was quite a swell so she was pitching quite a bit. So much so the cruise directed joked that if you stood at the bottom of A stairway and jumped at the right time you would land at Boat deck. Laughing
lanky lad
lanky lad

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis De Sousa Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:16 pm

All the way forward was great on rough seas the pitching and rolling never bothered me.

I lived in that cabin for almost 4 years
Louis De Sousa
Louis De Sousa

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_O Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:36 am

Louis De Sousa wrote:All the way forward was great on rough seas the pitching and rolling never bothered me.

I had three cabins forward of the A Stairway: 2005, 2011 and 4001. Rough seas never bothered me in any of those cabins except for 2 occasions.

In 1977 in Cabin 2005 I amost got hit in the head by a flying ashtray in the middle of the night. The ashtray hit my pillow and bounced on to the floor but left butts and ashes on the pillow and in my hair. From that point on I always put the ashtray on the floor at night in rough seas.

One night in 1983 we had Force 9 and I was in 4001 which is right next to the forward baggage room on 4 Deck. During the storm a trunk that wasn't lashed down started silding back and forth and making a heck of a noise when it banged into the bulkhead. The noise kept waking me up, so I slept in that morning only to be rudely awakened at about 10 am by a message from the bridge over the tannoy (Public Address) informing us that QE2 would be late arriving in Southamptoon that eveinng. I felt like running up to the bridge to throttle the Captain for wking me, but I resisted the urge and went back to sleep for another hour.

Shaving with a real razor was a always challenge when the deck was heaving underneath my feet but I still managed the task without ever slittting my throat.

Did I ever get seasick on QE2? Never.

Brian_O
Brian_O

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis De Sousa Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:54 am

This is what i wrote on my blog about my first cabin onboard

Afterwards we were lead to cabins ,my cabin was 503 on five deck fwd stb.side.The showers and toilets were more foward of my cabin as you can imagine it is way way forward.Trying to do your needs there on FORCE 10-11 is an adventure.
Louis De Sousa
Louis De Sousa

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_O Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:45 pm

I don't have a favourite cabin, but I do have a least favourite: Cabin 5124

In 1981 I booked an inside single in Transatlantic Class but was upgraded to Cabin 5124 which is an inside double with 2 lower beds located at midship near the D statirway. While the cabin itself was quite nice it had a very serious problem: it was far too warm, even with the a/c set at fiull blast. The bathroom floor was so hot I was tempted to see if I could fry eggs on it. The strange thing about it was that none of the other cabins in that area of 5 Deck seemed to have the same problem.

A couple of years later I was walking down the D Stairway one night when I overheard two crew members discussing Cabin 5124 and the complaints that they were receiving about it heat problems.

Brian_O
Brian_O

Back to top Go down

Post  lanky lad Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:13 pm

Brian_O wrote:I don't have a favourite cabin, but I do have a least favourite: Cabin 5124

In 1981 I booked an inside single in Transatlantic Class but was upgraded to Cabin 5124 which is an inside double with 2 lower beds located at midship near the D statirway. While the cabin itself was quite nice it had a very serious problem: it was far too warm, even with the a/c set at fiull blast. The bathroom floor was so hot I was tempted to see if I could fry eggs on it. The strange thing about it was that none of the other cabins in that area of 5 Deck seemed to have the same problem.

A couple of years later I was walking down the D Stairway one night when I overheard two crew members discussing Cabin 5124 and the complaints that they were receiving about it heat problems.

I wonder what caused it, must have been something very hot under or next to that cabin?
lanky lad
lanky lad

Back to top Go down

Post  PG Anja Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:59 pm

I did not really have one, just to be on the ship and sleeping anywhere was good enough
PG Anja
PG Anja

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down