Queen Elizabeth 2-The Legend
Dear Guest

A very big welcome to the Forum glad that you found us.As the name say this Forum is dedicated to the QE2 in here you will find lots of information and filled with photos that cover all her years at sea.

We ask you please take your time and have a good look around for sure there is a question somewhere that you might have answer.This topic is open to guests too if you think you have some information to add please do so.

But please remember the main subject here is QE2 related.

We think that once you have looked around you are going to want to be part of this big family.

Their is of course some threads that are open only to members.

Please register yourself its easy and free.

The QE2 The Legend Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dear Guest

A very big welcome to the Forum glad that you found us.As the name say this Forum is dedicated to the QE2 in here you will find lots of information and filled with photos that cover all her years at sea.

We ask you please take your time and have a good look around for sure there is a question somewhere that you might have answer.This topic is open to guests too if you think you have some information to add please do so.

But please remember the main subject here is QE2 related.

We think that once you have looked around you are going to want to be part of this big family.

Their is of course some threads that are open only to members.

Please register yourself its easy and free.

The QE2 The Legend Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 187 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:25 am
Latest topics
» Some of my videos of and on board QE2
A few things I remember! EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 am by Louis De Sousa

» QE2 items now on the new Queen Elizabeth
A few things I remember! EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:20 am by lanky lad

» QE2 and the Falklands War
A few things I remember! EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:54 pm by Louis De Sousa

» QE2 on You Tube
A few things I remember! EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 pm by Louis De Sousa

» Hurricane Luis 1995
A few things I remember! EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:28 pm by lanky lad

Top posting users this week
No user

Poll

Which funnel fitted better?

A few things I remember! Vote_lcap241%A few things I remember! Vote_rcap2 41% [ 14 ]
A few things I remember! Vote_lcap226%A few things I remember! Vote_rcap2 26% [ 9 ]
A few things I remember! Vote_lcap232%A few things I remember! Vote_rcap2 32% [ 11 ]

Total Votes : 34

Gallery

A few things I remember! Empty

A few things I remember!

3 posters

Go down

A few things I remember! Empty A few things I remember!

Post  anne mackay Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:29 am

There are so many stories about the QE2 I could tell like all of the kids from my school being marched down to the banks of the river Clyde to see her sail down river for the first time and everyone waving and cheering. Then there was the night on my transatlantic crossing in 1994 when I bought Neil Sedaka a drink then later walking on deck in mid Atlantic at 2am on a starry night those are special momnets.
anne mackay
anne mackay

Back to top Go down

A few things I remember! Empty Re: A few things I remember!

Post  Louis De Sousa Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:42 pm

Anne would love to hear more indepth about the stories above mentioned.
Louis De Sousa
Louis De Sousa
Administrator The Captain

https://qe2-the-legend.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  anne mackay Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi Louis,

I went to a secondary school in Greenock called Saint Mary's in Patrick St which is just a few hundred yards from the Greenock container terminal and the river where all the cruise ships dock today. Saint Mary's is still there but is now a school for kids under 11 years old. About an hour before the QE2 was due to sail past for the first time my teacher marched the class in a column of two's down to the Greenock Esplanade which is five minutes away. When we got there every inch of standing space by the river was taken. The crowd was nine or ten deep. It was a cloudy dull day but people were happy and excited. My class mates and I had been over at the ship yard everyday after school watching the QE2 being fitted out so we felt like she was our ship. We had fathers and grandfathers and mothers and sisters who had all done little bits of work on her. When she came down the river from the yard she was close into the shore and moving fairly slowly and everything in the town came to a stop for the few minutes she took to pass. When the people waiting on the Esplanade saw her bow come into view a tremendous cheer went up and cars tooted there horns the noise was just wonderful. I did not get a clear view of her until she was directly in front of me about 150 yards off shore and that special moment is forever locked in my memory.

An encounter with Neil Sedaka!

Late one night I walked into a piano bar and apart of from a couple in their sixties in evening wear the only other person there was Neil Sedaka who was sitting by himself at a back table. As I like some of his songs I asked the waiter if he would ask Mr Sedaka if I could buy him a drink and Mr Sedaka was gallant enough to except. I had no wish to intruded on Mr Sedaka's privacy so I left him alone but when I finished my drink and I was about to leave I went over to his table and told him that I like "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do" the Partridge Family version and we laughed about that and chatted for a few minutes and that is my little Neil Sedaka story.

A starry night!

Because I spent a lot of time in Las Vegas in those days I was used to being up all night so on my transatlantic crossing in 1994 I would wander out on deck in the small hours to look at the passing sea. Most nights it was cold and chilly but on one particular night in mid Atlantic the sea was flat calm and there was hardly a breath of air and looking out at the pitch black water it was as if no one or nothing existed in the whole world except for us few souls onboard the ship. Idly my gaze drifted from the sea to the heavens which was full of stars and I have always loved a starry night so that too was a treasured moment a once in a life time moment that I have never forgotten.

Anne.
anne mackay
anne mackay

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis De Sousa Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:49 am

Anne thanks for sharing those wonderfull stories
Louis De Sousa
Louis De Sousa

Back to top Go down

Post  PG Anja Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:24 am

Thank you and hope we can all hear more stories you might have Anne.
PG Anja
PG Anja

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis De Sousa Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi Anne hope you have more stories to share with us
Louis De Sousa
Louis De Sousa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum