Queen Elizabeth 2-The Legend
Dear Guest

A very big welcome to the Forum glad that you found us.As the name say this Forum is dedicated to the QE2 in here you will find lots of information and filled with photos that cover all her years at sea.

We ask you please take your time and have a good look around for sure there is a question somewhere that you might have answer.This topic is open to guests too if you think you have some information to add please do so.

But please remember the main subject here is QE2 related.

We think that once you have looked around you are going to want to be part of this big family.

Their is of course some threads that are open only to members.

Please register yourself its easy and free.

The QE2 The Legend Team
Log in

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 116 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:32 pm
Latest topics
» Some of my videos of and on board QE2
QE2 At (or in) The Movies EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 am by Louis De Sousa

» QE2 items now on the new Queen Elizabeth
QE2 At (or in) The Movies EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:20 am by lanky lad

» QE2 and the Falklands War
QE2 At (or in) The Movies EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:54 pm by Louis De Sousa

» QE2 on You Tube
QE2 At (or in) The Movies EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 pm by Louis De Sousa

» Hurricane Luis 1995
QE2 At (or in) The Movies EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:28 pm by lanky lad

Top posting users this week

Poll

Which funnel fitted better?

QE2 At (or in) The Movies Vote_lcap241%QE2 At (or in) The Movies Vote_rcap2 41% [ 14 ]
QE2 At (or in) The Movies Vote_lcap226%QE2 At (or in) The Movies Vote_rcap2 26% [ 9 ]
QE2 At (or in) The Movies Vote_lcap232%QE2 At (or in) The Movies Vote_rcap2 32% [ 11 ]

Total Votes : 34

Gallery


QE2 At (or in) The Movies Empty

QE2 At (or in) The Movies

Go down

QE2 At (or in) The Movies Empty QE2 At (or in) The Movies

Post  CAP on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Just watched a re-run of a film on TV. Whilst it had nothing to do with ships or the sea there were however a couple of scenes shot on the bridge of a ship with a follow-on of the ship alongside in New York. On closer inspection ( I rewound the film to the relevant parts.. sad What a Face ) . The ship in question is clearly QE2 berthed at the Manhattan Terminal, her name was changed to Queen Helena. There is a good close-up of the bow and name as well as the bridge and forward superstructure. There is also a very quick view of the funnel top. Intriguingly there is a large dent on the bow close to where the centre anchor plate is.

Rewinding a little further and looking at the bridge shots (I never managed to to get on the bridge so can't be certain it is QE2's) there is a large deckplan image on one of the walls. Looking at it very closely the colour scheme is remarkably like that used in Cunard brochures of the time. There is also a side elevation image of the ship again keeping with the Cunard theme, but the image has two QE2 funnels!

As a result I thought it would be useful to kick-off a thread to capture any other appearances of QE2 in movies, either as herself or as an assumed name.

The film that I'll start with is the "Royal Tenebaums", filmed in 2001 and straing Gene Hackman, Angelica Huston...
CAP
CAP

Posts : 492
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : Worcester UK

Back to top Go down

QE2 At (or in) The Movies Empty Re: QE2 At (or in) The Movies

Post  Brian_O on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:09 pm

QE2 was featured in 2 TV programs originally broadcast in 1979/80: "Brideshead Revisited" (a miniseries based on Evelyn Waugh's novel) and a National Geographic Special titled "The Superliners: Twilight of an Era".

Most of the National Geographic special was filmed on board in July 1979 but they came back later in the year to do some more interviews on the Westboound crossing of Oct 22 to 27. On that same October voyage, the "Brideshead Revisited" scenes were filmed. I was aboard on that October boyage and the producers of both features were looking for passengers to volunteer as extras or for interviews. I declined. Smile

Alan Wicker of the BBC filmed a 6-hour TV special on board during QE2's 1983 "Circle Pacific" cruise

And Hyacinthe Bucket (pronounced "Bouquet") did a cruise on QE2 on an episode of "Keeping Up Appearnces"

I don't recall what name was used for the dhip in "Brideshead Revisited", but QE2 was called QE2 in all of the others.

Brian_O
Brian_O

Posts : 233
Join date : 2010-04-20
Location : Montreal, Canada

Back to top Go down

QE2 At (or in) The Movies Empty Re: QE2 At (or in) The Movies

Post  lanky lad on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Brian_O wrote:I don't recall what name was used for the dhip in "Brideshead Revisited", but QE2 was called QE2 in all of the others.

I suspect she was playing one of her older sisters either Queen Mary or Queen Elizabeth.

She make a quick cameo at the beginning of the remake of the Parent Trap Smile
lanky lad
lanky lad

Posts : 241
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 49
Location : Lancashire UK

Back to top Go down

QE2 At (or in) The Movies Empty Re: QE2 At (or in) The Movies

Post  Table514 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:36 pm

QE2 At (or in) The Movies Qe2_ap13
CAP wrote:Just watched a re-run of a film on TV. Whilst it had nothing to do with ships or the sea there were however a couple of scenes shot on the bridge of a ship with a follow-on of the ship alongside in New York. On closer inspection ( I rewound the film to the relevant parts.. sad What a Face ) . The ship in question is clearly QE2 berthed at the Manhattan Terminal, her name was changed to Queen Helena. There is a good close-up of the bow and name as well as the bridge and forward superstructure. There is also a very quick view of the funnel top. Intriguingly there is a large dent on the bow close to where the centre anchor plate is.

Rewinding a little further and looking at the bridge shots (I never managed to to get on the bridge so can't be certain it is QE2's) there is a large deckplan image on one of the walls. Looking at it very closely the colour scheme is remarkably like that used in Cunard brochures of the time. There is also a side elevation image of the ship again keeping with the Cunard theme, but the image has two QE2 funnels!

As a result I thought it would be useful to kick-off a thread to capture any other appearances of QE2 in movies, either as herself or as an assumed name.

The film that I'll start with is the "Royal Tenebaums", filmed in 2001 and straing Gene Hackman, Angelica Huston...

Was this the deckplan image you see in the movie? If so, it is one displayed on the bridge of QE2. I was lucky enough to get there during a crossing in April of '08. One of the great thrills of my life, standing on the port bridge wing watching the ship slice her way through the North Atlantic. Exhilarating to say the least.
Table514
Table514

Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-11-23
Location : Los Angeles

Back to top Go down

QE2 At (or in) The Movies Empty Re: QE2 At (or in) The Movies

Post  CAP on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:49 am

[quote="Table514"]
CAP wrote:Was this the deckplan image you see in the movie? If so, it is one displayed on the bridge of QE2. I was lucky enough to get there during a crossing in April of '08. One of the great thrills of my life, standing on the port bridge wing watching the ship slice her way through the North Atlantic. Exhilarating to say the least.

No this wasn't it, the one shown was a colour representation, well shades of red anyway. That said it is interesting to see that the image you posted actually shows the ship in her original build configuration!
CAP
CAP

Posts : 492
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : Worcester UK

Back to top Go down

QE2 At (or in) The Movies Empty Re: QE2 At (or in) The Movies

Post  Table514 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:41 pm

That said it is interesting to see that the image you posted actually shows the ship in her original build configuration![/quote]

That is interesting about it showing the original configuration. I had not looked at the image that closely, and at the time I was just photographing everything I could during the limited amount of time I had on the bridge. It was (probably still is) displayed on the bulkhead on the bridge. That photo was taken in April 2008. While on the bridge I never saw the image you mentioned showing QE2 with 2 funnels, so I don't know where that came from.

I have posted more pictures taken of the bridge elsewhere on this site.
Table514
Table514

Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-11-23
Location : Los Angeles

Back to top Go down

QE2 At (or in) The Movies Empty Re: QE2 At (or in) The Movies

Post  globeguy on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:34 am

Brian_O wrote:I don't recall what name was used for the dhip in "Brideshead Revisited", but QE2 was called QE2 in all of the others.

I haven't seen "Brideshead Revisited", but a search turned up this tidbit from the Internet Movie Database site (imdb.com) under "Filming locations for Brideshead Revisited".

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2, Atlantic Ocean
(RMS Constantia)
globeguy
globeguy

Posts : 10
Join date : 2010-08-29
Age : 65
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

QE2 At (or in) The Movies Empty Re: QE2 At (or in) The Movies

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum