Queen Elizabeth 2-The Legend
Dear Guest

A very big welcome to the Forum glad that you found us.As the name say this Forum is dedicated to the QE2 in here you will find lots of information and filled with photos that cover all her years at sea.

We ask you please take your time and have a good look around for sure there is a question somewhere that you might have answer.This topic is open to guests too if you think you have some information to add please do so.

But please remember the main subject here is QE2 related.

We think that once you have looked around you are going to want to be part of this big family.

Their is of course some threads that are open only to members.

Please register yourself its easy and free.

The QE2 The Legend Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dear Guest

A very big welcome to the Forum glad that you found us.As the name say this Forum is dedicated to the QE2 in here you will find lots of information and filled with photos that cover all her years at sea.

We ask you please take your time and have a good look around for sure there is a question somewhere that you might have answer.This topic is open to guests too if you think you have some information to add please do so.

But please remember the main subject here is QE2 related.

We think that once you have looked around you are going to want to be part of this big family.

Their is of course some threads that are open only to members.

Please register yourself its easy and free.

The QE2 The Legend Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 187 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:25 am
Latest topics
» Some of my videos of and on board QE2
The Atlantic Club EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 am by Louis De Sousa

» QE2 items now on the new Queen Elizabeth
The Atlantic Club EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:20 am by lanky lad

» QE2 and the Falklands War
The Atlantic Club EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:54 pm by Louis De Sousa

» QE2 on You Tube
The Atlantic Club EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 pm by Louis De Sousa

» Hurricane Luis 1995
The Atlantic Club EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:28 pm by lanky lad

Top posting users this week
No user

Poll

Which funnel fitted better?

The Atlantic Club Vote_lcap241%The Atlantic Club Vote_rcap2 41% [ 14 ]
The Atlantic Club Vote_lcap226%The Atlantic Club Vote_rcap2 26% [ 9 ]
The Atlantic Club Vote_lcap232%The Atlantic Club Vote_rcap2 32% [ 11 ]

Total Votes : 34

Gallery

The Atlantic Club Empty

The Atlantic Club

2 posters

Go down

The Atlantic Club Empty The Atlantic Club

Post  Louis De Sousa Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:51 pm

When the QE2 ws launched the One Deck Shop sold very exclusive jewellery.During the 1972 refit the shop was moved to the existing shopping arcade.The One Deck room turned into a bar known as Club Atlantic.

Anybody have photos of this room?
Louis De Sousa
Louis De Sousa
Administrator The Captain

https://qe2-the-legend.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Atlantic Club Empty Re: The Atlantic Club

Post  Brian_O Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Louis De Sousa wrote:When the QE2 ws launched the One Deck Shop sold very exclusive jewellery.During the 1972 refit the shop was moved to the existing shopping arcade.

Actually all of the shops, including the One Deck Shop, were moved to the upper level of the Double Room in the 1972 refit. The original shopping arcade which had been located at midships on the Boat Deck was replaced by Cabins 8201 to 8210.

I believe (but I could be wrong) that the One Deck Shop then became the One Deck Bar and only became the Club Atlantic after S.S. France was withdrawn from service in 1974. For a while it was run by former barmen from S.S. France.

Club Atlantic was still around in 1977 when I first sailed on QE2 but it had been converted back to a shop by 1979. The conversion back to a seemed to have happened during the November-December 1978 refit in Southampton since the 1978 brochures still refer to Club Atlantic.

Last edited by Brian_O on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corecction of last paragraph and spelling)
Brian_O
Brian_O

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum